Wednesday, December 7, 2011

WIP (Work in Progress Wednesday)

Before I show you what I’ve been working on, I have to share!  My Shenandoah half-circle shawl is live on Ravelry!
 028          
I’m so excited!  This shawl is made with a fingering yarn, lightweight, but still warm.  It has a stockinet body, leaf lace border and a garter stitch edging.  I hope you like it!
Here is what I’ve been working on for the past two weeks: The quilted lattice mittens, by Jennifer L.  An easy pattern that you can find on Ravelry, try it out.  I was only able to make one from left over yarn that I had from the Shenandoah shawl.  It made for a good practice item.  Finished one using fingering yarn, and I’m only 1/4 of the way through the second. 
002
As much as I wanted mittens to match the scarf, I really like the brighter colored yarn with the pinks and blues.